cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My STWINKT1 gets locked up

Shaun.t
Associate III

I am testing STWINKT1 board, it always use to work without any issues. Off late I am having issues to download the compiled codes into the unit.

I connected the unit to ST-LINK Utility , it connects but reports Read out protection is activated.

Luckily I have another board, I connect to this board and disconnect. Then I connect the first board, then the Read out error does not appear, Also I go on to download the codes with debug option.

However it only works in the second attempt.

Also next time I try downloading the codes, again it goes into read out protection activated mode.

So every time I try to download the program, I have to go through this messy procedure.

I do not understand why it is doing like this.

Please find attached screen shots.

Regards

Shaun

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Do you get the same results with STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Shaun.t
Associate III

Hi I tried with STM32CubeProgrammer, I am able to erase the unit, however, with IDE I am still having the issue.

The only way now I can download the firmware is, download , if unsuccessful, switch power off to unit and try again and eventually, the download is successful and works after that.

This is something happening only for the past two weeks, not sure if the unit is defective or some setup on IDE is changed.

The clue is it has got something to do with the memory address, please find attached details

Shaun.t
Associate III

Yes. Now the status is I have to download the firmware twice and it works on the second time.

If someone has figured out the reason for this, please let me know.

Regards

Shaun