cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MotionAC Library - understanding "dynamic" calibration, behavior of the "is_calibrated" flag returned from MotionAC_Update(), and if update rates > 100Hz are supported.

SLibe
Associate II

In working with the MotionAC Library, I have the following questions to better understand behaviors.

1) We wish to create a Graphical User Interface which indicates the status of the "dynamic" or 6-point tumble calibration, and want to display current calibration status (e.g., which of the steps calibration is currently processing) - as well as when the entire calibration is complete. I undersatnd the "is_calibrated" flag be used to detect when the entire calibration is complete - but is it possible to get more feedback to the user, like how many of the positions have been sattisfied, before all are complete?

2) Our sensor fusion rate is 416Hz. Is it possible to run the MotionAC_Update at this high rate? If so, since the update interval is 2.4 milliseconds, and the timestamp to MotionAC_Update is an integer, does the rounding to an integer introduce any problems?

Thanks for any input,

scott

1 REPLY 1
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello Scott,

1) Unfortunately it is not possible to get the information which of the calibration steps is currently processing. You might check MotionTL library, which is library for tilt sensing, this library includes also static 6 position accelerometer calibration. Each position is calibrated separately which might be useful for your application.

2) I would rather decimate the samples, for example pass each 4th sample to the library so the data rate for the library is 104 Hz.