cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSV Sensor Hub current consumption?

KWine
Senior

Based on power measurements I infer that using the LSM6DSV embedded SensorHub with a single slave (LPS22DF) costs ~6.4 uA. I can't find the expected current consumption for the LSM6DSV Sensor Hub in the data sheet or application notes. Is this a reasonable value and should I expect this value increase as more slaves (ex the slave current usage) are added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @KWine ,

We don't provide this information in our AN and DS. The LPS22DF consumption depends on how you configured it, the communication part depends on different factors but a current consumption of about 6.4uA is reasonable and aligned with our expectations.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KWine
Senior

Turns out I still had the FIFO partly active since the baro was not properly powered down. Latest measurements show the sensor hub is using ~1 uA, which I would think should be closer to what is expected.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @KWine ,

We don't provide this information in our AN and DS. The LPS22DF consumption depends on how you configured it, the communication part depends on different factors but a current consumption of about 6.4uA is reasonable and aligned with our expectations.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Federica, Of course I am taking into account all of the current sources (incl. the baro) I know in my estimates. I will have to perform a more detailed power study to get a better estimate of the sensor hub current usage, but it is useful to know that it could/should be ~5 - 10 uA.