cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSM orthogonal error: Is there a way to know the orthogonal error of the LSM6DSM iNEMO inertial module?

MVida.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MVida.1​ ,

I think you are referring to the cross axis between the various IMU axis (for example, x vs y, or y vs z for the accelerometer, and pitch vs yaw or yaw vs roll for the gyroscope).

These data are not available in the datasheet, so I can share you only typical values on a small subset of samples.

• For the accelerometer:

0693W00000D2BkuQAF.png 

• For the gyroscope:

0693W00000D2BfaQAF.pngConsider also that in the gyro case the quadrature is compensated at production tester level, so you'll have to take into account of just a residual quadrature.

Keeping a "distributional" margin, the cross axis is below 2%.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MVida.1
Associate II

Dear Sir or Madam,

Is there a way to know the orthogonal error of the LSM6DSM iNEMO inertial module? I am looking for high precision measurements and would like to take into account the error on the orthogonality between the axis.

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MVida.1​ ,

I think you are referring to the cross axis between the various IMU axis (for example, x vs y, or y vs z for the accelerometer, and pitch vs yaw or yaw vs roll for the gyroscope).

These data are not available in the datasheet, so I can share you only typical values on a small subset of samples.

• For the accelerometer:

0693W00000D2BkuQAF.png 

• For the gyroscope:

0693W00000D2BfaQAF.pngConsider also that in the gyro case the quadrature is compensated at production tester level, so you'll have to take into account of just a residual quadrature.

Keeping a "distributional" margin, the cross axis is below 2%.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

I guess we can calculate an estimated value of the orthogonality between the axis with the cross axis.

Thank you for your time.