cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH interrupt is not generating on some kind of motion

BPate.5
Associate

Hi,

The use case of my application is to detect only motion in any direction with LIS3DH. The following are configurations for LIS3DH. The problem is that I am getting interrupt only with some kind of linear motion or vibration. When I install my device on the door and I open the door (angular motion), I am not getting interrupt. What could be the reason? Let me know if more information is required.

CTRL_REG1 = 0x2F;

CTRL_REG2 = 0x09;

CTRL_REG3 = 0x40;

CTRL_REG4 = 0x00;

CTRL_REG5 = 0x00;

CTRL_REG6 = 0x00;

INT1_THS = 0x03;

INT1_DURATION = 0x0A;

INT1_CFG = 0x15;

Regards,

Bipin Patel

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @BPate.5​ Bipin Patel,

I see you configured the two parameters for the in the following way:

INT1_THS = 0x03;

INT1_DURATION = 0x0A;

You might try to modify these parameters in order to optimize the specific movement detection. You can also try to increase the ODR from the current 10Hz to 100Hz):

CTRL_REG1 = 0x5F;

As a general suggestion, if you want to detect a rotational movement, maybe a gyroscope or a 6axis would be a more reliable solution.

-Eleon

BPate.5
Associate

Hi Eleon,

Thanks for your reply.

The current HW has accelerometer LIS3DH and I can't change HW as devices are already in field. So I have to detect motion with accelerometer only.

I have tried to increase ODR but sometime it works and sometime not. I have to set threshold to 0x02 to make it work sometime.

What other changes could help me to get interrupt on every motion in any direction?

Regards,

Bipin Patel