cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS3DH consuming high current at interrupt

Marcelo_GWA
Associate

I am using a LIS3DH and I have configured a threshold interruption and it is consuming around 3mA while the interrupt is active. I have very strict power constraints and this consumption make it unreliable.

I am using the driver implemented in Zephyr and it have all configuration from the interrupt exactly as advised in the datasheet, the INTx_SRC is read after a interrupt to clear it and the interrupt is cleared, although the interrupt only is pulled down after a new sample. It is possible to be noticed in the attached file that it takes around 20 ms to put the interrupt to 0. It matches with the sampling period that is 20ms (freq 50Hz).

Why does LIS3DH consumes so much power for keeping the interrupt ON? And is it right to be waiting a new sample to be able to turn down the interrupt?

Is it a problem from LIS3DH or am I missing some config?

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marcelo_GWA
Associate

It looks that the problem is not in lis2dh but in how the driver was implemented in Zephyr. Since the interrupt stays high until a next sample is read, the micro would enter a loop and recognize one interrupt as multiple.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Marcelo_GWA ,

I confirm you that 3mA is too much. You should see at maximum 200uA, as mentioned in the datasheet.

Can you send me a reg dump? In addition, can you share how you connected the pin?

Thanks.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Marcelo_GWA
Associate

It looks that the problem is not in lis2dh but in how the driver was implemented in Zephyr. Since the interrupt stays high until a next sample is read, the micro would enter a loop and recognize one interrupt as multiple.

Best regards.