cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12 - Condition for self-test failure

ZAIDS-S23
Associate III

Greetings

I have been using the LIS2DW12 accelerometer for some time now, and have tried to set up the self-test functionality. Ironically, I've set it up according to the AN5038 app note pg.46 and it has never failed the self test. I am also analysing the averages obtained before and after the self test, and the calculated differences are always within the range specified in the datasheet. I believe I can expect it to fail if I move the sensor during the period I expect the self-test to be running. I've tried this to no avail, where the self-test will still pass. 

The criteria and simulation for a failure is important as it will directly determine if my device using the IC, is ready to be used. Please may I be advised on any other methods to get the self-test to fail, or if it is plausible that I impose a tighter range on the min and max values that the calculated difference should fall in between.

Any help would be appreciated.

@Federica Bossi 

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ZAIDS-S23 ,

The self test is to check the device functionality, the only way to see a failure is by breaking the piece.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.