cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DE12 - What is low-power mode

jonfs2000
Associate II

Hi,

Can some one explain what is low power mode. It is mentioned in page 45 in the data sheet. But no where it is explained.

I would like it to work in low power mode and wake up on certain condition (also cause INTERRUPT) and go back to low power mode.

On CRT_REG3 (22h)

What is I1_AOI1, I1_AOI2?

CTRL_REG6 (25h)

which one do they refer to by interrupt 1, interrupt 2 ? On page 35.

I feel the data sheet is poorly written, not even bothered to explain the acronym used.

Many Thanks

John

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi John, ​you can refer to the application note for ST MEMS accelerometers, AN3308. I'm supposing you would like to implement the sleep-to-wake-up (and return to sleep) function. In this case, at p. 20 the Interrupt generation has been described, while the wake-up procedure is described in paragraph 6.3 (pp.23/24). AOI is a flag for an And/Or combination of Interrupt events, and works as in the picture below (same pages).

0690X000006DajHQAS.png

Low power mode describe in p.10.

The ds is usually not as complete as an app note with regards to the application procedures...

Link: https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/77/ed/e7/e1/28/5a/45/d6/CD00290365.pdf/files/CD00290365.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00290365.pdf