cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any method to use en.fp-sns-allmems1 on the the sensor tile indipendetly from BLE application?

DAlta.1
Associate II

Good afternoon,

I would like to use the Sensor tile on which is running the en.fp-sns-allmems1 fw to directly record sensor measurements on the SD card. The idea is to power on the sensor tile, then dobletapping on the sensor tile to start recording directly on the SD card; once I dobletapping on the sensor tile, it stops recording on SD. In a nutshel, I want en.fp-sns-allmems1 to work like en.stsw-stlkt01 on the sensor tile without interacting with the BLE app, because I am interested in having quaternions recorded in csv and en.stsw-stlkt01 does not support quaternions. Should I try to (a) adapt en.fp-sns-allmems1 to do as I said above or should I try to include a library for computing and recording quaternions in en.stsw-stlkt01? If it is better to do (b) what library do you suggest ?

Since I am new to programming at these level could you provide me some hints and examples, please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @DAlta.1​ ,

If you are able to see the sensor fusion quaternions on your phone, using the en.fp-sns-allmems1, and you are able to record a csv with en.stsw-stlkt01, there are 2 options:

either you bring the Sensor Fusion initialization and read functions from the first to the second, or you bring the csv file creation to the first, deleting the BLE initialization.

The first option is the easiest: 

- you search for the MotionFX library and check what functions are called by ALLMEMS1 to initialize and read data.

- then you add the MotionFX files and functions to the stlkt01 and check if the data is read correctly (easiest way to check if it is right is to record some data with known positions of the ALLMEMS1, and check via debug if the data in the same postiions with stlkt01 are similar) (remember to turn on all the sensors involved)

- then you change the data to be written in the csv

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @DAlta.1​ ,

If you are able to see the sensor fusion quaternions on your phone, using the en.fp-sns-allmems1, and you are able to record a csv with en.stsw-stlkt01, there are 2 options:

either you bring the Sensor Fusion initialization and read functions from the first to the second, or you bring the csv file creation to the first, deleting the BLE initialization.

The first option is the easiest: 

- you search for the MotionFX library and check what functions are called by ALLMEMS1 to initialize and read data.

- then you add the MotionFX files and functions to the stlkt01 and check if the data is read correctly (easiest way to check if it is right is to record some data with known positions of the ALLMEMS1, and check via debug if the data in the same postiions with stlkt01 are similar) (remember to turn on all the sensors involved)

- then you change the data to be written in the csv

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DAlta.1
Associate II

Thank you for the answer.

However I have vary poor skill in C and in embedded system. I am doing this for a university project. Could please share some example with me that guide me to some extent to do this ? I would appreciate a lot