cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using IMP34DT05TR sensor and MCU. My circuit configuration is MCU is powered ON and then enable signal comes from MCU power ON sensor. In idle state , MCU is only powered ON and sensor is powered OFF, Here is there any possibility for sensor failure?

Tprab.1
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Tprab.1​ , what do you mean with sensor failure? If the MCU is powered on and the sensor off (do you mean, no Vdd and no Clock on the device?), everything is ok. Regards

Tprab.1
Associate

​Thank you for your sir.

i am laborate my question here as follows.

My MCU is connected to sensor like LIS2DH12,HTS221,LPS22HB,IMP34DT05TR through I2C. These sensor is powered from Converter 3.3V which is Controlled by MCU. The connection between MCU and sensor is I2C line and Interrupt. I2c pull up resistor power is also coming from sensor power. In My testing, During power ON my MCU is only powered ON and then sensor control power is not enable by MCU. If this happen, any failure occur in the sensor.

Hi @Tprab.1​ , please consider that a MEMS microphone has no need of something like a "pull-up resistor" such as the I2C of the other sensors, So if you power the MCU but you don't power the microphone (Vdd_microphone), there is no way to make protecting diodes active and there is no possibility for sensor damage / failure. Regards