cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store/resotre calibration data?

Yansu
Associate II

I'm using lsm6dsv, and must calibrate IMU everytime after power on. Can I read calibration data once, and restore to IMU without calibration?

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Yansu ,

Welcome to ST Community!

The IMU is calibrated at production level, and the calibration values are stored in the reserved registers, and it is better to not modify them.

However, if you need a recalibration, for example after the soldering process, you can measure the offset on the 3 axis in a steady position and write the measured values in the registers 73h-74h-75h (X_OFS_USR,Y_OFS_USR,Z_OFS_USR)

In alternative, if you have LSM6DSV16X you can use a calibration library, for example from the X-CUBE-MEMS1 package, such as the MotionAC or MotionGC: they provide real-time data calibration through offset and scale factor coefficients used to correct accelerometer and gyroscope data.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Yansu ,

Did I answer to your question?

If yes, remember to flag it as "accept as solution" to help other users 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.