cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to evaluate IIS2ICLX?

DChou.2
Associate

I Am building an Inclinometer for tilt sensing with IIS2ICLX and want to evaluate this sensor, so can you Please suggest the Required Material for the same, Like Evaluation board, Mother board required, Software required.

*Edited by moderation, please keep the title of your question shorter than 70 characters*

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DChou.2​ ,

As starting point, I suggest you to start with the standard equipment:

• Motherboard: STEVAL-MKI109V3, equipped with Unico-GUI interface for data acquisition and analysis and the digital feature usage (like MLC);
  • Evaluation board for the IIS2ICLX: STEVAL-MKI209V1K, which is designed to optimize the device placement on the target application setup.

For a more professional use, in the near future the STWIN.box will be available (you can check this presentation for more info).

-Eleon

Dsun.21
Associate II

Hi Eleon, 

Assume that I am new to STM and I am not a very experienced electrical engineer, is there a more detailed procedure to teach how to evaluate the IIS2ICLX as a inclinometer. 

I have checked STEVAL-MKI209V1K.pdf. 

"The STEVAL-MKI209V1K evaluation board has an embedded IIS2ICLX inclinometer
sensor, which is connected through flat cable to a simple adapter board (STEVALMKIGIBV2)
to render it compatible with STEVAL-MKI109V3."

I guess I need to buy a STEVAL-MKI209V1K and a STEVAL-MKI209V1K, and connect them together and run a software need to be copied to Nucleo. I am a lazy guy and hope there is one document or one webpage that I can figure out how many boards I need to buy, and how many software I need to install and how to run it. may be it never as easy as I thought. 

Thank you,

David