cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I reduce the ODR for IIS3DWB in HSDatalog?

YYu.2
Associate III

I want to reduce the ODR of IIS3DWB in HSDatalog as 26k is too much for me. I have tried to modified the file using cube IDE but it doesn't work. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

I'm afraid that the IIS3DWB has the only 26kHz ODR available (datasheet p.5)... so it is not related to the HSDatalog example, but to the sensor itself.

Namely, this sensors is precisely intended to acquire high frequency variation, while for lower frequencies, you can use the IIS2DH or the devices ISM330DHCX.

You can however reduce the band of the IIS3DWB by activating the second low pass filter (LPF2_XL_EN of CTRL1_XL (10h) register and HPCF_XL_[2:0] of CTRL8_XL (17h) register, see datasheet p. 36).

Which it your application purpose?

-Eleon

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thanks for reply, I am currently learning to monitor vibration status of equipment. 26kHz is too much data for me to process, ISM330DHCX should be good for me. Just another question, what should I see by reducing the band of the IIS3DWB?

Hi @YYu.2​ ,

you should see a reduction of the noise (same noise density, but smaller integration band) and, depending on the chosen low pass filter cut-off frequency, you'll not able to see (or see very attenuated) mechanical signals such as vibration with a (fundamental) frequency above the specific cut-off frequency.

-Eleon