cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How enable implementation hardware (-mfloat-abi=hard) in toolchain setting with STM32WL55JC1

TBour.1
Associate

Hi

I am training to carry out a project using the MEMS library (Application DynamicInclinometer) with kit IKS01A3 and STM32WL55JC1, I have made all the configuration, the problem is that when I compile the code with STM32CUBEID, it displays this error "Description Resource Path Location Type

error: ../Middlewares/ST/STM32_MotionDI_Library/Lib\MotionDI_CM4F_wc32_ot_hard.a(motion_di.o) uses VFP register arguments, Inclinometer.elf does not Inclinometer C / C ++ Problem

"

i did some research i understood that using lib motionDI it displays this error.

So to solve this problem I have to change the floating point ABI part (property (project) -> build c / c ++ -> setting-> toolchain setting. But when I go there there is only one software implementation (- mfloat-abi = soft) I need to know how to add -mfloat-abi = hard) so that it can compile lib MotionDI

2 REPLIES 2
Ozone
Lead

> So to solve this problem I have to change the floating point ABI part (property (project) -> build c / c ++ -> setting-> toolchain setting.

Or the other way around.

Checking ST's description of the STM32WL55, there is nowhere a FPU mentioned, and the core is called "M4", not "M4F".

The FPU is optional part of the M4 package.

And "-mfloat-abi = hard" does not work on cores without FPU.

exactly I myself look for FPU in stm32wl I have not found is there is the possibility of using this liberary knowing that it requires arthmetic calculation