cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! Can you let me know about the alignment error and bias instability terms of ISM330DLC model MEMS-IMUs? I have obtained the data sheet but I am not able to see these parameters I need. Thank you very much indeed!

RAkta.1
Associate II

We are making a market analysis on MEMS-IMUs in a private company and we would like to make fair comparisons between different IMU sets and we determined a few performance parameters for comparison. ISM330DLC is in our area of interest and we would like to obtain this information.

4 REPLIES 4
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @RAkta.1​ , with "alignment error" do you mean "cross axis error" (the fraction on x signal along y axis, for example) or non-linearity error? In this case, the cross axis value for the accelerometer is about 1% and for gyro is 1% too (data from characterization samples). About the bias instability parameter, the vale is 3deg/h, but always on the limited samples set of characterization tests.

For your interest, please let me tell you that most performing IMUs in ST portfolio are the devices of the LSM6DSOX family sensors. Regards

RAkta.1
Associate II

Thank you very much for the reply! With alignment error, I am referring to misalignment and cross axis error. Misalignment error corresponds to the deviation of the sensor triad with respect to the initial mount model, and the cross axis error is as you said, the correlation of each individual(x,y,z) on each other. Could you please enlight me with these parameters as well?

Best regards,

Rozerin.

Hi Rozerin, I have only available the gyro non-orthogonality, which is included in +-1% value on 6P. Regarding the mounting misalignment, its final value can depend also on the customer soldering process and has to be evaluated and compensated onboard in terms of offset compensation.

Btw, which parameters are included in the comparison you are performing among competitor IMUs? And for which application, if I can ask you? Regards

Hello! Thank you very much for your answer. We are currently holding the parameters of bias, noise and alignment errors. For bias, we are evaluating the nominal bias and bias instability, for noise we evaluate noise density/random walk and for alignment as I said we are working on misalignment and non-orthogonality. According to some other data sheets I have seen, I saw that they also include a misalignment error which is provided together with non-orthogonality. Does ST have a term of evaluation as such, or it is not included?
The application is that we want to use them as an integration with our receivers.
In addition, what exactly do you mean by +-1 on 6P? What does 6P correspond to? Also, is there any chance to obtain this orthogonality for accelerometers as well?
Thank you very much for your time and patience.
Best regards,