cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open UNICO-GUI pkg on MacOS Ventura

andfer
Associate

When trying to download either Unico-GUI 9.14.6 or 9.13.0 I keep getting the error below.

Any idea how to solve that on MacOS Ventura? I have already tried opening the pkg with control+right click, etc. with no success.

2 REPLIES 2
JanSonnek
Associate

Hi andfer, I have taken one step forward in this problem by executing Terminal command on the pkg:
xattr -cr Downloads/Unico-GUI_v9.14.6_MACOSX/Unico-GUI-9.14.6.0.pkg

Now the installer launches but it reports:

Unico-GUI-9.14.6.0.pkg can’t be installed because its digital signature is not trusted. The package was signed with a certificate that was revoked. This package might not install what you expect. Obtain a new copy of the package and try again.

I haven't gotten any further yet.

sparrow
Associate

The error is because the package was not properly signed. The certificate seems to have been revoked by the issuing authority (see attached image).

Spoiler

The package is signed with a certificate that is expired or was revoked by the Certificate Authority. Although the certificate may have been valid at the time the package was signed, this can't be verified.

Quite a disappointment for a Mac user trying to evaluate and justify using their hardware. Bummer.:\