cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best G-Force sensor detail request

NPate.9
Associate

Dear all,

I need the best accurate G-Force sensor which need to plug inside the cars and trucks for telematics usage which helps to get left turn, right turn, reverse and break event.

Can anyone help me to choose the right ready to go part or solution ​which must have 10 year support and easy integration on Linux supported host system product board?

Thanks & best regards

Nikunj Patel​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Nikunj Patel​ @Community member​ ,

The best accelerometer (if I well understand the definition of "G-Force sensor"), strictly depends on the details of the application you want to build.

For example, you might be interested in the broad band capability, and in this case the IIS3DWB or in a very accurate resolution (see the IIS2ICLX), or in a mix of the accelerometer and gyroscope capability, such as the ones embedded in the LSM6DSOX (and this sensor might be the more indicated for your purposes). In any cases, when you will implement your application, you have to take care of the periodic calibration / the reset of the offset of the G-sensor. Some sensors allow you to reset the offset at register level, others have to be managed via software. You can have a look to the X-CUBE-MEMS1 libraries for a description of some calibration libraries.

I suggest you to check the accelerometer selector directly on st.com page, or on the Sensor finder application.

You can find the Linux drivers for many of the ST MEMS Sensors at this link.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Nikunj Patel​ @Community member​ ,

The best accelerometer (if I well understand the definition of "G-Force sensor"), strictly depends on the details of the application you want to build.

For example, you might be interested in the broad band capability, and in this case the IIS3DWB or in a very accurate resolution (see the IIS2ICLX), or in a mix of the accelerometer and gyroscope capability, such as the ones embedded in the LSM6DSOX (and this sensor might be the more indicated for your purposes). In any cases, when you will implement your application, you have to take care of the periodic calibration / the reset of the offset of the G-sensor. Some sensors allow you to reset the offset at register level, others have to be managed via software. You can have a look to the X-CUBE-MEMS1 libraries for a description of some calibration libraries.

I suggest you to check the accelerometer selector directly on st.com page, or on the Sensor finder application.

You can find the Linux drivers for many of the ST MEMS Sensors at this link.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon