cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accelerometer with vector-magnitude change event detection

Legacy member
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to ask you, do you have accelerometer with vector-magnitude change event detection with programmable reference, threshold, anddebounce time values ?

I need to detect accelerometer orientation change, but not from 0g but for example from from 0.45g by + -0.1g.

I need to detect a change in orientation that will generate the interrupt. The new position is remembered as a reference and re-orientation change (from the new position) generates the IRQ again.

I mean about similar features like in FXLS8471 from your competitor NXP.

Best regards

Adrian

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Adrian @Community member​ ,

sorry for the delay in our answer.

In ST portfolio there might be something similar to vector-magnitude change event detection as FXLS8471 in the LIS3DSH sensor: it embeds a Vector calculation (see Application Note AN3393, p.41) and a Finite State Machine, that is a more general concept than a single digital feature, but that can allow you to configure the duration, the threshold, the axis each one by each one for the event you want to detect. You can check the online documentation for more info about this feature (e.g. the Design tip DT0077 for a quick guide).

There are also more powerful and more recent sensors, such as LSM6DSOX IMU, enabling also embedded Machine learning core for mechanical event discrimination also in terms of frequency spectrum.

Please let us know if these solutions can fit your application.

-Eleon