cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using BlueNRG-LP as BlueNRG-2

marittia97
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I recently successfully used a BlueNRG-2 chip for a BLE project (connected to an external microcontroller and integrating the BlueNRG-2 API by means of .ioc project manager). However, it needed a very small baloon which has been a real mess to solder by hand. I then saw that the BlueNRG-LP comes with the baloon integrated, which could help me hand-soldering the PCBs.

However, the BlueNRG-LP doesn't come with a preflashed image. Is there any available image by ST that I can flash on the BlueNRG-LP that will let me keep using the same (or at least similar) APIs used on the BlueNRG-2? I think that including the libraries via STM32CubeIDE Project Manager really speeds up the programming time.

Thank you for reading,

Mariano

1 REPLY 1
Laurent LOUAZON
ST Employee

Hello,

BlueNRG-LP can be used as Network processor.

You will find associated image in BlueNRG-LP SDK (BlueNRG-LP_LPS DK 1.2.0\Firmware\BLE_Examples\DTM)

Now there are few changes in API when dealing with stack v2.x (BlueNRG-2) versus stack v3.x (BlueNRG-LP).

You will find migration guideline from v2.x to v3.x in BlueNRG-LP SDK documentation (Bluetooth LE stack migration guidelines from v2.x to v3.x).

Regards

Laurent