cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing STEVAL-IOD003V1 with STM32F103 or STM32F407

Devanshu
Associate II

I have an IO-Link sensor and would like to interface it with my STM32F103 - Bluepill or STM32F407 - Discovery board, after research found STEVAL-IOD003V1 IO-Link transceiver and found it helpful for my application.

1) I wanted to know if there is any library available to interface it with STM32F103 - Bluepill or STM32F407 - Discovery board. I found example code for STM32F401RE-Nucleo and STM32L073RZ-Nucleo which is in below link.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-iod003.html 

Is there any similar example code available for interfacing with STM32F103 - Bluepill or STM32F407 - Discovery board?

2) Or any set of commands necessary to provide it for best working.

Help in any form would be great Thanks a lot in advance for taking time for me.

This is the product https://estore.st.com/en/steval-iod003v1-cpn.html

These are data brief and user manual for the same

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Essentially the same answer applies here as in your previous question.

Good luck!

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I was asking if there is any example code like this one in link.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-iod003.html 

The code in link is for STM32F401RE-Nucleo and STM32L073RZ-Nucleo but i do not have them.

Currently, I have 3 boards STM32F103 - Bluepill and STM32F407 - Discovery board and Arduino board only.

Hence i was asking if there is any such example code available for any of these boards STM32F103 - Bluepill and STM32F407 - Discovery board and Arduino

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, there is no special project for DISCOVERY boards. The question about Arduino was answered in the other thread and STMicroelectronics is not a contact for Blue Pill because only counterfeits of the STM32F103 have been used on it for years.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Is there any manual or something available that specifies the steps of communication like available for STM32F407 Discovery Boards, or any manual that states to activate communication we have to execute the following steps, and STEVAL-IOD003V1 would activate in the following condition or behave so in the following condition so I and my team could develop code for communication to it in our previously available infrastructure.

As we are a robotics team, including a whole new device to communicate to STEVAL-IOD003V1 would not be feasible and it would be best if we could generate code for our previously available boards.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, you can certainly develop the code for your existing board based on the STSW-IOD003 and would only have to port the code from, for example, the project STM32F401RE-Nucleo to the respective STM32.

However, you won't have much fun with the STM32F407G-DISC1 (aka STM32F4DISCOVERY), if only because the STEVAL-IOD003V1 has different connectors than the DISCOVERY. The easiest way to do this is to use one of the NUCLEO-64, or alternatively a NUCLEO-144.

If you want more examples than in STSW-IOD003, only our partner TEConcept can help you.

Regards
/Peter