cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having issues connecting my BlueCoin to my windows PC, when connecting in the Bluetooth settings, I am required to insert a password to connect it. Any help will be appreciated on how to troubleshoot this.

SSiow.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @SSiow.1​ ,

Suppose your Bluecoin to be flashed with FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 firmware.

First, as a general consideration : BLE profile used in this FW is a proprietary profile (as per many BLE devices) and intend to be used with a specific BLE application implementing same BLE profile. Except is you are using standard profile, you can not connect a device from Bluetooth settings menu (whatever windows laptop or smartphone). You can eventually connect through a debug app (BLE scanner, LightBlue,...)

This application to connect and evaluate using BlueCoin is available for smartphone (Android, iOS) => "ST BLE Sensor" available on PlayStore and AppStore.

This application is unfortunately not available for windows.

Regards,

Sebastien.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @SSiow.1​ ,

Suppose your Bluecoin to be flashed with FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1 firmware.

First, as a general consideration : BLE profile used in this FW is a proprietary profile (as per many BLE devices) and intend to be used with a specific BLE application implementing same BLE profile. Except is you are using standard profile, you can not connect a device from Bluetooth settings menu (whatever windows laptop or smartphone). You can eventually connect through a debug app (BLE scanner, LightBlue,...)

This application to connect and evaluate using BlueCoin is available for smartphone (Android, iOS) => "ST BLE Sensor" available on PlayStore and AppStore.

This application is unfortunately not available for windows.

Regards,

Sebastien.

How will I transfer live data to my PC? As my project requires for me to use live readings. Thank you for the previous reply.

Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @SSiow.1​ ,

Sorry for long delay in answer.

To be able to communicate between your PC and the board over BEL. You need to implement same profile on both side. That means that unfortunately, you need to develop small app on PC side to collect data.

Regards,

Sebastien.