cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the RSSI of received BLE mesh message?

MHan.2
Associate

Hi,

I use a STEVAL-IDB008v2 board and I want to test lighting demo example available in STSW-BNRG-Mesh. After programming the board with lightning example I use Putty to check the messages from the board.

In this particular case the board receives the ON/OFF messages from the Mesh Switch and after receiving the message following is printed:

9475800 Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set - Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set callback received for elementIndex 0

9475804 Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set - #8202!for elementIndex 0

9477620 Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set - Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set callback received for elementIndex 0

9477623 Appli_Generic_OnOff_Set - #8202!for elementIndex 0

Generic_OnOffStatus

Now my question is: Is it possible to see (print) the RSSI value of the received message? 

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Sebastien DENOUAL
ST Employee

Hi @MHan.2​ ,

It exists a feature that might help you ( not sure if it fully answer to your needs)

You may use Neighbor table for this purpose. This feature is described in AN5410 section 3.1

You can enable this feature to be informed (by a callback) at application layer each time a new node is detected (or status changed)

BluenrgMesh_NeighborAppearedCallback() and BluenrgMesh_NeighborRefreshedCallback()

Parameters for this callback are : are bdAddr, provisioned state, uuid, networkAddress and rssi.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Sebastien.