cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build a USB HS and USB FS with my own shield for communication with the PC?

VTodm.1
Associate II

As i am new to building my own Microcontroller shield , i want some help ! I want to achieve a high speed USB connection with PC to transfer data from micro controller to PC .

Now Do i need a external peripheral with the micro to get the HS connection? HS connection seems to have a lot of pins. The micro controller i am using is STM32H755BIT3 ! Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

For USB HS you normally need an external ULPI-PHY and some ESD protective devices as an interface between the ULPI of the STM32 and the USB port (see e.g. the schematics of the STM32H747I-DISCO).

There is also some software example available for an MSC_Standalone in the repository, either on Github or the local repository downloaded with STM32CubeMX oder STM32CubeIDE.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

For USB HS you normally need an external ULPI-PHY and some ESD protective devices as an interface between the ULPI of the STM32 and the USB port (see e.g. the schematics of the STM32H747I-DISCO).

There is also some software example available for an MSC_Standalone in the repository, either on Github or the local repository downloaded with STM32CubeMX oder STM32CubeIDE.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
VTodm.1
Associate II

Thank you so much it is resolved !!