cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 to PC

DSabo
Associate III

I'm trying to connect an X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 (connected to a Nucleo-F411RE) to my PC... eventually I am going to be connecting to another IDB05A1 device, but I figure it is easier to try to get the basics going when I am only writing code on one side of the interaction...

What I'm looking to do is to connect the device to my windows 10 laptop, and then use something like putty to send data back and forth.

I have used the sensordemo example code as a base, and it is executing OK.... Windows can see my device when I go to add a new bluetooth device, and when I select the nucleo I get a message from the nucleo saying it is connected. A short while later (looks like 30 sec) though the nucleo outputs that it disconnected.

Are there maybe some settings wrong? Or is there a handshake that is coded into the example that windows won't do so the connection is closed?

Or is there an app STM has to chat with a device? I installed the STM Profile app and my board seems to connect OK, but disconnects from that as well...and it says there are no profiles available.

My output from the nucleo is:

System clock: 84000000 Hz

HWver 49, FWver 1813

BLE Stack Initialized.

SERVER: BLE Stack Initialized

Sample Service added.

TX Char Handle 000D, RX Char Handle 0010

Service added successfully.

General Discoverable Mode 0

Event: 255.

Event: 255.

Event: 62.