Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG Set_Scan_Parameters not recognized

raymel
Associate
Posted on January 10, 2016 at 18:37

Hi,

I'm interface the BlueNRG directly (not using the ACI stack), and having problems programming a Central device when trying to configure scan parameters. Here it is my sequence of events and commands:

1) 04 FF 03 01 00 01, BlueNRG ready after reset

2) 01 0C FC 08 00 06 BB 00 00 E1 80 02, Write config. data (BT address)

04 0E 04 01 0C FC 00, Command complete

3) 01 01 FD 00, GATT init

04 0E 04 01 01 FD 00, Command complete

4) 01 8A FC 01 03, GAP init (Role = Central)

04 0E 0A 01 8A FC 00 05 00 06 00 08 00, Command complete & handlers

5) 01 0B 20 07 00 40 00 40 00 00 00, LE Set Scan Parameters (passive scan, interv, wnd)

04 0F 04 01 01 01 0B 20, HCI command unknown (ERROR)

I've tried also other LE related commands like LE_Set_Scan_Enable (200C) without success.

I don't want to use instead any discovery procedure that will trigger active scanning. I just want the easiest way to get LE_Advertising_Report from my peripheral using passive scanning

Questions:

- Am I missing something in my sequence of commands?

- Or those commands are really not supported even if documentation says the contrary?

Any hint will help a lot. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 14:59

Dear Customer,

the firmware stack vers. 6.4 supports only a subset of the HCI APIs and the commands that you are mentioned are not supported.

(Fro futher details please see the release note of BlueNRG Stack v6.4 )

If you want to use passive scanning you could use for example the command ACI_GAP_START_GEN_CONN_ESTABLISH. Otherwise, you could load the firmware image

Regards,

GM

raymel
Associate
Posted on January 12, 2016 at 17:15

Thanks Graziella for your precious time, your advise is gold for many developers.

Which is the newest firmware stack for BlueNRG? A link maybe to learn how to load it into the shield.

In the meanwhile I'll try with ACI_GAP_START_GEN_CONN_ESTABLISH.

You saved my week, I was hitting a wall.

🙂

Posted on January 13, 2016 at 11:20

Dear Customer,

Sorry, the sentence: 'Otherwise, you could load the firmware image' it's not exact...maybe I forgot it after a copy and past...:)

For BlueNRG the latest fw stack version is the version 6.4.

Instead of  'official fw image' there is BlueNRG stack v6.4 binary images supporting only the HCI APIs (no GAP APIs) are also provided (only for certification): bluenrg_6_4_Mode_2-16MHz-XO32K_HCI.img, bluenrg_6_4_Mode_2-32MHz-XO32K_HCI.img but this image SUPPORT ONLY HCI COMMAND.

Anyway, Applications based on unsupported HCI APIs can be ported to BlueNRG stack v6.4 by using equivalent GAP APIs as described on BlueNRG Stack APIs v6.4 vs v6.3.

That you can find the table:

- ...\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.x.0\Docs\bluenrg_fw_stack_release_notes_html\bluenrg_stack_apis.html

You can find these infomation inside the release note:

.....\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.8.0\Docs\bluenrg_fw_stack_release_notes_html\bluenrg_stack_v6_4.html

.....\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.9.0\Docs\bluenrg_fw_stack_release_notes_html\_blue_n_r_g__stack_v6_4.html

Regards,

GM

Thanks Graziella for your precious time, your advise is gold for many developers.

Which is the newest firmware stack for BlueNRG? A link maybe to learn how to load it into the shield.

In the meanwhile I'll try with ACI_GAP_START_GEN_CONN_ESTABLISH.

You saved my week, I was hitting a wall.

🙂