cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes your response is overly complex and my compiler had many unresolved problems with it. What I need is a SIMPLE. list of api function calls and .h file written in "C" NOT "C#" SEE BELOW IN DETAILS PLEASE RESPOND ASAP MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT

EBrow.2
Associate

Yes your response is overly complex and my compiler had many unresolved problems with it.

What I need is a SIMPLE. list of api function calls and .h file written in "C" NOT "C#"

An init section (this will be processed once upon activation)

1. What ever steps it takes to initialize the Vl5310x sensor to allow basic operations
  2. put unit to sleep

Then a "read a single distance value" and load that into The "hand_distance" variable this will occur over and over

1. wake-up sensor
  2. Take distance data
  3. put unit to sleep

That is all I need. Here are the parameters

processor BGM13P32F512GA silicon Labs

SDA PA0 PIN5 SCL PA1 PIN6

Simplicity 5 development environment

sensor vl5310x device address 0x52

SDA PIN9 SCL PIN10

Please help me with this. i looked at the github samples but they were mostly for arduino or for python operating systems et. I just need a simple listing. please show me which api calls will get this done.

PLEASE include the the above parameters in the api functions.

Thank you so much. My deadline is here and I need to get your part incorporated into our latest designs

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

If you download the code from ST.com STSW-IMG005

VL53L0X API (Application Programming Interface and documentation)

you will get a list of APIs that should do what you want written in C.

if you are really space constrained, you can remove the unused functions - but with a little luck, your compiler will do that for you.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.