cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vl53l5cx(-satel) photo and graphic right of use for school thesis

MaikH
Associate II

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am currently writing a documentation for my school thesis.

In my case the sensor vl53l5cx is involved in my project.

I would like to use some product photos of the vl53l5cx(-satel) sensor in my documentation, and need a permission from the originator STMicroelectronics.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

kind regards

Maik H

5 REPLIES 5

@Peter BENSCH​  @John E KVAM​  can you push this to the appropriate ST Legal team member.. Thanks

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
Welcome, @MaikH to the community!
We are currently in the process of finding a solution for you and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Regards
/Peter
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Dear Maik,

STMicroelectronics authorizes you to use publicly available photos of the VL53L5CX and related material from the st.com website for your thesis. 

The photos should be accompanied by a mention like "Source: STMicroelectronics".

Good luck with writing your thesis!

Best regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Mr Bensch,

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Also thank you for the effort of the permission.

Kind regards

Maik H

John E KVAM
ST Employee

My legal team says that if we publish a picture on our web site and you give us credit by saying it's an ST chip, then you are free to use it.

So just call out the part number in a caption or text somewhere nearby and go for it.

If you had a commercial endeavor where you were making a profit the answer might be different, but for a thesis, just go ahead.

• john.kvam@st.com

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'