cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IIS2MDC

ABulu.2
Associate II

Hi,

My thesis topic is to develop a dynamic preventive maintenance schedule for medical devices based on their usage. For this purpose, I have been collecting data using a magnetometer sensor (, we use IIS2MDC) 24/7 for the past 3 months. I need guidance on how to analyze the data from the three axes. Standard deviation seems to provide accurate results in determining the duration of device usage. However, I am concerned about the presence of noise in the real data and the potential reasons for fluctuations. Could you provide insights on how to interpret the data and what percentage of error can be considered normal?

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Ciao @ABulu.2 ,

Have a look at our Datasheet where you can find the sensor's typical values for the different characteristics, such as noise, offset, sensitivity etc.

If this helps you, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.