cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any (ULD) API for TOF sensor VL53L4CX? If no, can I use the (ULD) API of the VL53L4CD instead? As there is no set distance function in the VL53L4CD API, can I use the one from (ULD) API of the VL53L1X?

DPang.2
Associate

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

The official rule is you should use the ULD for the L4CD. Some people found anyway that the L1 ULD driver does work. This is not recommended by ST but if you test it, it might work for you.

Neither of the ULD drivers use histograms so they won't range as well as the L4CX. Depending on how far you want to range, it could work.

Anne

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
DPang.2
Associate

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your response. At the very beginning, I tried the L4CD ULD drivers on the L4CX. It works fine except the range is just around 200mm. My application want both short (~200mm) and long distance range (~5000mm). That means I only need functions call that can switch between short and long distacne mode like the one SetDistanceMode() in L1ULD.

Do you think I can just simply create a function passing two sets of parameters to set the SetInterMeasurementInMs(), SetMacroTiming(), SetSigmaThreshold() or SetSignalThreshold()? If so, which registers will affect the distance mode? what are the values for these registers?

Dennis