cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HardFault_Handler when executing function GW_run from the guesture control static lib.

sde c.1
Senior II

Hi,

I use the VL53L5CX in my own developped board .

Everything seems to work, but i can't get the guesture control code from static lib libGesturesMZ.a working (downloaded from STM website).

Initialisation goes fine , all statusses are OK , but the moment i run GW_run(....) the STM goes in HardFault_Handler().

All parameters i send with GW_run are valid and contain data .

Are there people that had the same problems?

Anything i can do to figure out why this is crashing?

these are the steps in software, all steps execute fine with STATUS_Ok but at GW_run() it crashes.

1) vl53l5cx_init

2) gesture_library_init_configure();

-> GW_init(&gest_predictor, &hand_tracker, &sensor_data);

-> HT_set_square_resolution(&hand_tracker, &sensor_data, Params.Resolution);

-> GW_set_frequency(&gest_predictor, &hand_tracker, &sensor_data, 1000.0/Params.RangingPeriod);

-> GW_set_params(&gest_predictor,....

-> GW_set_frequency(&gest_predictor, &hand_tracker, &sensor_data, 1000.0/Params.RangingPeriod);

-> SEN_set_orientation(&sensor_data, Params.SensorOrientation);

3) apps_layer_vl53l5cx_Configure(&L5Dev, &Params);

-> vl53l5cx_set_resolution(p_l5_dev, p_Params->Resolution==16 ? VL53L5CX_RESOLUTION_4X4 : VL53L5CX_RESOLUTION_8X8);

-> vl53l5cx_set_ranging_frequency_hz(p_l5_dev, (1000/p_Params->RangingPeriod));

-> vl53l5cx_set_integration_time_ms(p_l5_dev, p_Params->IntegrationTime);

-> vl53l5cx_set_xtalk_margin(p_l5_dev, 50);

-> vl53l5cx_set_target_order(p_l5_dev, VL53L5CX_TARGET_ORDER_CLOSEST);

-> 

4) vl53l5cx_start_ranging(&L5Dev);

5) loop

{

vl53l5cx_check_data_ready(&dev,&IsReady);

if(IsReady == 1){

vl53l5cx_get_ranging_data(&L5Dev, &RangingData);

SEN_CopyRangingData(&sensor_data, &RangingData);

GW_run(&gest_predictor, &hand_tracker, &sensor_data); -> crash

}

}

when looking at the hw registers after the crash bfsr_preciserr seems to be set and hfsr_forced is set also.

The last address of the PC was pointing to xTaskIncrementTick() .. this is from RTOS .

0693W00000WIfBiQAL.png0693W00000WIfBOQA1.pngThank you 

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

There are muliple complied libraries for different processors.

The code is STSW-IMG035, but there is a qualifier on them for the cortex M0, M3, M33, M4 and M7

I'm guessing there is a mis-match between the ARM chip you are using and the version of the code you have. Carefully check the documentation on which chip you have and compare that to the software you've got.

Good luck,

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Thanks John

I'm working with Steve directly.

The gesture lib supposes to support M4 core. The customer is using a G4 series STM32 microcontroller.

I will talk to Yann,

Bye

Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.