cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting email notification for replies to my posts?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

Ever since the forum change I'm not getting any email notifications to my posts. I checked the settings in my profile and I don't see why. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Rodo,

Thank you for notifying us about this issue. If your notification settings are set according to your preferences and you also don't see any email notifications in your spam inbox, we will need to further investigate. I will keep you posted as soon as there is any news. 

Please apologize for any inconveniences in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Amelie

Rodo
Senior

I just checked my spam folder and there is nothing either. I had to log in now to check if there was a reply because no email notification was received. Thanks.

Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Rodo,

I just got note that you should now receive system emails to your email account. Would you mind please testing and letting me know if it works? Please also check your spam folder just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Best,
Amelie

Rodo
Senior

I checked my email before I came here and there was nothing. When I logged on here I saw the bell had a number.  I read your reply. Check email again (and span folder) and still there was nothing. Maybe it takes some time. I'll check again tomorrow but other than you I don't expect any replies. Thanks.

Grant Bt
Senior

I think by default you don't get them immediately, but I could be wrong. Go through all the options and double-check.

Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Rodo , 

Thanks for doublechecking. We are looking into the email notification issue.

@Amelie ACKERMANN brining this to your attention. 

BR,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Rodo
Senior

Just so you guys/gals know ... still not getting them. Thanks.

Grant Bt
Senior

In my case I can say that the email service used by ST (em7732.eu.khoros-mail.com) has a reputation issue with Google.

I have a pre-filtering service and I can see in the logs that ST's service is sending the emails, that the pre-filtering is forwarding them, but GMail is bouncing them back. I have added this sender to GMail and it still bounces these messages from ST back out.

Matches: from:(bounces+13614266-878a-grant=mycompany.com@em7732.eu.khoros-mail.com)
Do this: Never send it to Spam

It seems that GMail has a bad reputation for this sender and I think ST would have to take action to clear that issue with Google. The other option is to use another email provider on our end that isn't so picky.