cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Unico GUI with LSM6DSOTR standalone

eboyer2
Associate II

Hello,

I'm working on a project that requires collecting data from the LSM6DSOTR sensor. I want to use the ML capabilities of the IMU, but it seems like I need an ST evaluation board to use the software? I currently have the the LSM6DSO connected to an STM32 board, already programmed with data acquisition. It seemed that I could use NRF Connect to acquire the data, and Weka to obtain the .ufc, but I don't know if this is accurate. 

TLDR: Do I need an ST evaluation board to use the ML capabilities of the LSM6DSOTR?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @eboyer2 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

If you want to use Unico Gui and then Weka to use the ML of LSM6DSO, you need a STEVAL-MKI109V3.

Otherwise, it is ok to use NRF connect to acquire the data and then Weka to obtain the .ufc.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @eboyer2 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

If you want to use Unico Gui and then Weka to use the ML of LSM6DSO, you need a STEVAL-MKI109V3.

Otherwise, it is ok to use NRF connect to acquire the data and then Weka to obtain the .ufc.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Federica,

So is there no way to actually use the .ucf file in our LSM6DSO without the Unico GUI?

Thanks.

Just to update, we've used a python script to obtain data logs, and then the STM_MEMS github page to obtain our .ucf decision tree, along with a .h file for our STMCube IDE. So is it possible to just use this .h file in our project to directly configure the ML registers?