cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any DCMI based Image classification example?

martinj3456
Associate III

Hello everyone,

It's good to see a number of tutorials/implementations posted by community members which encourage beginners like me to implement AI at the microcontroller level.

Is there any complete image classification example or tutorial where ST microcontroller capture images via DCMI interface and immediately classify images using the pre-trained network?

If available, I sincerely request to share the link.

Thanks in advance,

M

3 REPLIES 3
Matthieu
ST Employee

Hello,

The new function pack FP-AI-VISION1 is providing what you are looking for: a Computer Vision AI example of food classification from DCMI camera.

The function pack is based on STM32H747 Discovery board and you can find it here:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/fp-ai-vision1.html

Best Regards,

Matthieu

martinj3456
Associate III

Hello Matthieu,

Thank you for your reply. yes, this is a great starting point.

Is the Keras CNN model employed in these application open source? I mean, I'll use custom images to re-train the model.

May be your model (github project) would be helpful to follow the steps and implement a new model for the custom image set.

Thank you.

Matthieu
ST Employee

​Hello,

A Keras CNN model is provided (under ST free license) as part of the package as well as the quantization scripts so you can retrain and quantize on your own image dataset?

Best Regards

Matthieu