cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI on STM32F411RE

shegde
Associate II

Hello,

Iam Sudarshan, A working professional and have recently got interested in TinyML. So me being curious, i wanted to interface camera and LCD with my STM32F411RE Nucleo board to run AI models on it.

As per my understanding i would be able to interface STM32 camera module and an LCD using I2C or SPI protocols. Can you please tell me if i'am heading towards right direction?

4 REPLIES 4
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

You may instead use discovery kits boards that generally have already an LCD and some have also a camera boards

For vision use cases you also want to take a more powerful MCU like the STM32H7 and the STM32H747I-DISCO

You may want to look at our model zoo https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/stm32ai-modelzoo for applications examples and models that can run on those boards.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you very much for responding @fauvarque.daniel.

In that case, is impossible to run models on STM32F411RE nucleo board?

Since i have tight budget, i want to start with this and then upgrade to higher series. So you are saying it is impossible in this board?

You can run models on the STM32F411RE if the model is small enough.

Vision models usually require more flash and ram as well as more computing power

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Understood your point @fauvarque.daniel 

My main doubt is, stm32 camera module can be interfaced with stm32f411RE or not?

If not possible, is there any other i should think of?