Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSU114: Dual Supplies and QFN-16 EP

michael-imagia
Associate

Hello,

I would like to use the TSU114 in the QFN-16 package and have 2 questions:

1. Can the TSU11x be used with a dual supply?  For example, can I put +1.8V on VCC+ and -1.8V on VCC-?
2. How should I connect the EP of the QFN-16 package?  The datasheet mentions that the EP of the DFN-8 package should be connected to VCC- or left floating, but doesn't say how the EP of the QFN package should be connected.

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.

Michael

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @michael-imagia, to the community!

1. Yes, you can supply the TSU114 with dual supply. Single supply is a feature compared to the opamps used in the last millenium, which require dual supply, but of course it works the other way round.
  2. I don't have any official information on this yet, but I strongly assume that the exposed pad is not connected and can then either be connected to VCC- or left floating. To be on the safe side, you can check the connection between the exposed pad and each of the pins to see if a resistance below say 100kohms or a diode path in both directions can be measured there.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.