cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help - I have written code for the STM32F769-Discovery card that compiles with no errors, no warnings, but I get no output from the card.

MLawr
Associate III

I have written code for the STM32F769-Discovery card to read in analogue audio, convolve it with a relatively long FIR, then output the result as analogue audio. My code compiles with no errors, no warnings, but I get no output from the card.  I am happy to email my main.c to someone who can tell me what I have done wrong.

My code has been heavily derived from the audio_passthrough project by Francois Beaulier. The unchanged audio_passthrough project works fine.

7 REPLIES 7

Building without error simply means there are no syntax errors or missing functions, it doesn't mean it is logically sound or functional.

Use the debugger.

Add output to a console and instrument the code so you can understand the failure mechanism.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MikeDB
Lead

Set all the FIR coefficients to zero with the middle one set to one and see if the signal reappears. If it does your FIR coefficients are probably killing the signal. Message me the code if you want.

Thank you for your advice.  Please find attached my main.c.
Regards,
Martin Lawrence
Please find attached the FIR file.

I can't see any attached files

MLawr
Associate III

I did attach them; they must have been stripped off. Please send an email to: MJL@vitasonic.demon.co.uk and I will send them directly to you.

It has limits on types/sizes. Should permit .ZIP files, if not post to a sharing site (Google Drive, etc) and link to that.

Use ZIP files, not dozens of individual files.

You can also edit you top post to add attachments.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..