cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU2 and SDK support

TwisteR
Associate II

I already got it: CPU2 is not accessible by customer (at least, using official SDK).

Anyway, we have an WB-based project that will hugely benefit from offloading some resource-consuming tasks to CPU2. They are not related to radio, we're not using any kind of wireless stuff at all. WB was chosen because of price and compact QFN package.

My first question: is that an SDK-level limitation, or is it possible to extend SDK with proper register definitions, IRQ vector tables, linker scripts etc (using SDK for WL series as a reference, where for some reason CPU2 is fully unlocked) to be able to build custom binaries for CPU2?

My second question: if I'm not interested in radio-related applications at all, is it possible to wipeout FUS completely and unlock access to protected flash regions? Even if FUS 'self-destruction' will be irreversible.

This CPU2 access restriction in WB series in non-radio applications is a bit artificial to me, given that WL series offers no such restriction (alas doubling the price). And there is definitely a demand for this, ranging from non-radio baremetal dual-core applications to custom wireless research projects.

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

It's not possible to build your own custom binaries for CPU2, the code expected to be executed by the CPU2 must be encrypted with specific ST key that the FUS (Firmware Update Service) is the only one to manage.

For your second question, there isn't any possibility to unlock access to protected flash regions.

Best Regards