cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know if there are different housings used for BTW69-1200? I have 2 devices on my table and wonder if ST has used also a different housing and if there are any differences between the devices?

McFly1
Associate II

0693W00000LzcaSQAR.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @McFly​, to the community!

Do you mean the little notches in the leadframe on the back?

Do both have the same marking at the front side?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
McFly1
Associate II

Yes, I mean the notches on the leadframe on the back. They do not have the same marking on the front side. One must be 10 years older (the one without G)

Can you help me with that? Best regards Lothar0693W00000NozhDQAR.jpg0693W00000NozhSQAR.jpg

2010 vs 2021 ?

A lot can happen with production equipment and processes over such time.

I'd imagine the G is probably RoHS related to the lead frame, composition, or materials.

AFL vs XLG might infer different production line, assembly and diffusion codes look the same.

Peter can likely dig up any related PCN

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

The additional marking G for Halogen Free = Green was introduced in 2008, the Product Information Letter "PIL CRP/08/4251" can be found using your preferred search engine.

Would the notch have a significant impact on the mechanical mounting or cooling in your project?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
McFly1
Associate II

Hello Peter, thx for your answer. Seems the device is from the year 2000 then, because it has no G and date-code is 032. The question for me is if I can take them and they are as good as new ones? I hope nothing important (with cooling etc) has changed in the last 20 Years? Best regards Lothar

Vintage electronics..

I'd imagine the new ones will smell different when they burn..

The die come from the same diffusion site, VU Tours, France, and assembled in the same plant in the Philippines..

Although I think that subcontractor (7S) closed that facility/line 30-SEP-2021, and some of that work went to a facility in Shenzhen China (GK)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..