cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Bootloader jump to application and vice-versa are failing

Sridhar
Associate II

I am trying to develop a custom boot-loader on Nucleo-H743ZI2 evaluation board. But the boot-loader is not jumping to application code. I had referred to the other posts regarding the topic and adopted some code from those also. I had flashed the codes of application and boot-loader to the respective memory locations at 0x8020000 and 0x8000000.

0693W000003Qz27QAC.jpg

Please do point me to the problem in the code provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you, it had worked. I had changed the bootloader and application to maximum frequency.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Do the switch between user and bootlaoder as early after reset as possible. That works for me and many others.

Thank you, it had worked. I had changed the bootloader and application to maximum frequency.

Indeed, if the loader needs to add a lot of functionality, ie user interface, configuration, recovery, add this downstream such that the optimal path transfers control before entering an RTOS, or whatever. If during startup you detect the app image is corrupt, or a user key press or jumper is signalling a recovery/configuration mode, enter the more advanced level loader functionality.

Alternatively have the user app provide a mode to reset into the advanced loader functionality.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..