embsys dev
Associate

STVP v3.4.1.

CONFIGURATION:

Hardware: STLINK-V3SET

Programming mode: SWIM

Device name: STM8L051x3

Port: USB

JP4 and JP6 (SWIM ON) jumpers are installed. All 4 pins of CN4 are connected to the target. The target is the bare chip on a dip adapter, plugged into a breadboard, with 3.0V and GND coming from a bench supply. The ST-Link works with various STM32 targets no problem. Windows 10 home 1909. AMD Ryzen 5 2500U 2GHz. 12G RAM.

Attempts to read give the following error dialog (tried cycling target power as suggested, no help):

Cannot communicate with the device ! Check the SWIM cable connection and check all the needed pin connections on the SWIM connector. If the application code uses Swim Disable and Reset pin as Output or has disabled SWIM Clock Divider: Try Now to SWITCH OFF and ON the application Power Supply while NRST Reset pin is forced low.

I would like to use the STLINK-V3SET for both STM32 and STM8 development, please help me resolve these issues.

Edit: Additional information: after I reconfigured the STLINK-V3SET for SWD, STM32CubeIDE did not detect the STM32 target. Resolved by uninstalling and deleting the STLink USB drivers (including hidden devices, as there were multiple driver instances), then restarting windows, updating the STLink drivers in device manager, then deleting the launch configuration in STM32CubeIDE and recreating it.

Edit: Additional information: I obtained an ST-LINK/V2 and was happy to find that it worked with STVP to program and verify the STM8L051F3P6. However, I bought the higher priced STLINK-V3SET based on the claim that it supports both STM32 and STM8, but apparently it does not support STM8, so I am a bit disappointed. :sad_but_relieved_face:

0 REPLIES 0