cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to program STM32-L152RE

paritoshsav
Associate II

Hello everyone, I work in a team where we manufacture an electric car. We currently use Arduino Mega as our ECU, but we want to shift to STM. We already have a STM32-L152RE Nucleo board. I am not able to run any sort of program on the board. The code gets uploaded but never runs. What might be the potential issues, is there any specific method to upload the code to this particular Nucleo board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

How do you know it's not running as opposed to being stuck somewhere during initialization? Debug it, step through the code and see where it gets hung up.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

How do you know it's not running as opposed to being stuck somewhere during initialization? Debug it, step through the code and see where it gets hung up.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
paritoshsav
Associate II

I tried running the code step by step. After the code gets uploaded, the console returns 'Target is not responding, retrying'

TDK
Guru

Hmm, that is odd. Are you going into low-power modes at all? Are you remapping the SWDIO or SWCLK pins? If not, not really sure what could be going on. Perhaps upload a code with no functionality and see if that works. I don't think there's anything special about that board. If there is, the user manual should discuss it.

No, I'm not remapping any pins. I also tried running a code with no functionality, but I'm getting the same error. Is it possible that there is some problem with the cable or Mini-B port on the Nucleo Board