cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting up Ethernet/LWIP on STM32H753 (STM32CubeIDE)

JayDev
Senior II

Hello!

I'm trying to run a LWIP example intended for another micro on the STM32H753 but ran into some issues setting up the H753 in STM32CubeIDE. In order to use LWIP, I'm getting this error:

Ok, no problem. I went over to setup the Ethernet and it appears there are a number of things that must be setup in order to get this to work. Luckily, I found a guide that seems to address most of them here:

https://community.st.com/s/article/How-to-create-project-for-STM32H7-with-Ethernet-and-LwIP-stack-working

I setup the clocks (with a few minor alterations) but ran into an issue when trying to setup the Ethernet as MII. It looks like there's a conflict with the green LED already being setup as an Output on that line. No big deal (at least not at this stage), I put it in a reset state to fix this issue (essentially, unassigned) and went to setup the MII again. This time, I'm getting an "unknown conflict" . . . I have no idea what the problem is at this point or how to resolve it.

Anyone run into this issue or know how to resolve it? I'm kind of stuck at this point as I don't know how to resolve an "unknown conflict".

0693W00000BbvuYQAR.jpg 

I'm using STM32CubeIDE V 1.6.1 and using Embedded pack STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0 (the latest one). Not sure if that matters.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated, I'm currently a bit stumped. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayDev
Senior II

I'm not entirely sure what the issue was but I ended up using RMII instead, which seemed to work. So this is likely a moot point (at least for my application anyway). I was able to essentially create this project using V1.7 though, so it's possible it's a problem specifically with V1.9 but it could also be that I took the suggestion of the initial article and it was a result of not initializing everything to it's default state (which I started doing to minimize issues).

Hope this helps someone!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JayDev
Senior II

I'm not entirely sure what the issue was but I ended up using RMII instead, which seemed to work. So this is likely a moot point (at least for my application anyway). I was able to essentially create this project using V1.7 though, so it's possible it's a problem specifically with V1.9 but it could also be that I took the suggestion of the initial article and it was a result of not initializing everything to it's default state (which I started doing to minimize issues).

Hope this helps someone!