cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get started with X-CUBE-CELLULAR on B-L462E-CELL1

SDomi.2
Associate

Hi,

I'm new to the STM32Cube ecosystem and I got really confused when it come to get this board working.

So my first step when trying to understand how to use this kit was to take a look on the stock firmware source code and this is where my problems started.

Absolutely nowhere this information is clearly given. I had to guess that this board was probably running some firmware found inside the X-CUBE-CELLULAR expansion package.

I could successfully flash some BIN files into the board, but then I tried to find out how to change the stock firmware.

When importing the X-CUBE-CELLULAR into my project explorer I can't open the IOC file to see how the freeRTOS was setup.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJqLeQAK.pngMaybe I'm not supposed to import X-CUBE-CELLULAR that way but how could I know? the getting started guide doesn't explain anything!

I've read on some other guides that expansion package are usually installed using the: "Help>Manage Embedded Software Package"

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJtnqQAC.pngAnd I see a lot of X-CUBE-SOMETHING here but CELLULAR is nowhere to be found.

So I decided to use the "From Local" option

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJtoAQAS.pngPlease can someone explain to me how are you supposed to use this X-CUBE-CELLULAR package? I feel really dumb since I'm assuming this should be really obvious since there isn't any written guide about this?

And yes I've activated the Truphone Data plan and tried some AT commands on the board that was the easy part since this is actually on the getting started guide.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJtp8QAC.png

0 REPLIES 0