cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to upload my code to M4 core in production mode.

Najib Kassab
Associate III

Hello,

I have built a custom image using the Yocto project in the Dunfull branch. However, when I try to upload my code to M4 Core in production mode, it shows me this error message. However, I am able to connect to my board through SSH. So I believe it is not a connection issue, and I have tested on the STM32MP157C-DK2 and it does not work either.

I have tested the same procedure on openstlinux Yocto Dunfull, and it worked fine. I am thinking that something is missing in kernel configurations.

I am using Linux version 5.10.116 (oe-user@oe-host) (arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 9.3.0 , GNI ld (GNU biutiles) . 2.34.0.020200910 ) #1 SMP PREEMPT sun May 15 18:00:09 UTC 2022

0693W00000WK9GVQA1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ 

I have tried what you've told me, but nothings seems to work with this problem, S I switched again to starter package of opstlinux and it works.However, I still have no idea why.

thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Najib Kassab​,

On which OS do you use CubeIDE ? Linux or Windows ?

I already faced some similar issue, and see below what you can test:

• First, try to reboot the board and deploy your firmware again.
  • Secondly, you can try to delete the firmware already present in /lib/firmware and try again your deploy step.
  • Finally, you can try to copy directly your .elf firmware without passing through the tool. You should be able to find it on your local disk, in the workspace associated with your CubeIDE. A simple scp command should be enough then.

I hope that this information can help you.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Erwan SZYMANSKI​ 

I have tried what you've told me, but nothings seems to work with this problem, S I switched again to starter package of opstlinux and it works.However, I still have no idea why.

thanks