cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157-DK2: Problem with UART7 when used with OPENAMP framework.

USama1
Associate II

We are a connecting a sensor to M4 side and reading the data through UART7. UART7 is enabled for M4 by modifying the Linux Kernel Device tree and TF-A .dtsi files.

Device tree file for TF-A is generated through STM32CubeMX. and Placed the generated files in the /fdts folder of TF-A(Which was downloaded from stm git) and built it and loaded to the board using the given procedure.

We are able to read the UART data correctly when OPENAMP_Init() is not used.

This is blocker for our project and urgent help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Hi,

2 solutions :

1- compile the dts generated by CubeMX then once .dtb copied on target rename it with the default applied one stm32mp157c-dk2.dtb

2 - you can create a new configuration entry in /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf you can select during boot

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Olivier,

I was able to use solution for device tree. The changes i made to led green is working. and the status of the configured peripheral is okay.

But unfortunately this didn't solve my problem. I have modified the the status of DMA in device tree in the file stm32mp157c-m4-srm.dtsi. That didnt work either.

And i tried to update the device tree for tf-a. But here the kernel got corrupted. The device is not starting. I guess i have to reflash the image.

I don't see any reference to DMA peripheral in the device tree generated by CubeMX.

If you have any sample projects with this setup, it would help us a lot.

Thank you.

Upendar