cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157 A7 and M4 communication

mpeton
Associate II

Hi,

I'am also using  STM32MP157C-DK2  to communicate between the A7 and the M4 using the Virtual Uart (OPENAMP and IPCC).

I was trying to use STM32MXCube to configure the peripherals but the STM32MP157C-DK2 board is not available instead CubeMX has STM32MP157D DK1.

If I create a project in MXCube with MCU selector instead of Board selector it doesn't allow me to activate OpenAMP.

As both boards have similar hardware but different MCUs - CAC3 and DAC1 respectively can I still run MXCube project created by selection of 157D-DK1 board and run it on 157C-DK2 board.

Thanks in advance!

Mansi Patwari

0 Kudos

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @mpeton ,
As the stm32mp157c-dk2 platform is a bit deprecated, it is not present anymore in tools suite. 
However, you are right, you can take stm32mp157d-dk1 as a base for your CubeMX configuration, then take care to modify your generated board device trees to include the right DTSI files. You can take example on existing upstreamed stm32mp157c-dk2.dts file :

#include "stm32mp157.dtsi"
#include "stm32mp15xc.dtsi"
#include "stm32mp15-pinctrl.dtsi"
#include "stm32mp15xxac-pinctrl.dtsi"
#include "stm32mp15xx-dkx.dtsi"
#include "stm32mp157c-dk2-scmi.dtsi"
#include <dt-bindings/rtc/rtc-stm32.h>

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you Erwan for the solution.

If I understood it well I need to get the right DTSI file for 157c-dk2 and replace with the 157d-dk1 file generated in STM32CubeIDE.

As seen below my 157d - dk1 project has one .dtsi and multiple dts files which i need to replace with 157c -dk2.

mpeton_0-1722502376945.png

I found the stm32mp157c-dk2.dts file here, optee_os/core/arch/arm/dts/stm32mp157c-dk2.dts at master · OP-TEE/optee_os (github.com)  which includes the files you mentioned.

Can you please confirm if replacing this file under Device Tree will solve my problem or share any tutorial for further steps.

Thanks in advance!

@mpeton ,
In the first lines of your DTS files, I guess that you will find some DTSI inclusion, mentioning revision D of the chip. You will have to replace it with revision C dtsi files. I just talk about the include line.

DTSI files are present in each SW component such as Kernel, TF-A ... You do not have to create it yourself.

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.