cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'mesa' (but /design/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-st/images/st-image-vendorfs.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it) Error when I try to build core-image-minimal

MKaas.1
Associate III

DISTRO           : <no-custom-config-set>

DISTRO_CODENAME  : dunfell

MACHINE          : stm32mp1-disco

I followed instructions from: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package#Installing_the_Starter_Package

I initialized repo with:

repo init -u https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/oe-manifest.git -b refs/tags/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31

I initialized build environment with command:

DISTRO=nodistro MACHINE=stm32mp1-disco source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

That initialization took only few layers from the manifested layers.

I run:

bitbake core-image-minimal

and got the error that nothing provides "mesa".

I added qt layer, but it did not make any difference.

Should I add some more layers to get builder happy or is this basic "distro" not functional?

7 REPLIES 7
MKaas.1
Associate III

I changed DISTRO=nodistro to DISTRO=openstlinux-eglfs. Now build seems running fine. So, it seems that I need to have some graphics support even though there really is no need at all.

MKaas.1
Associate III

So, build seems running fine.

MKaas.1
Associate III

openstlinux-eglfs worked much better, but not perfect. Build ended up to error while building m4projects-stm32mp1.bb recipe with following error message:

ERROR: m4projects-stm32mp1-1.4.0-r0 do_packagedata: Can NOT get PRAUTO, exception No module named '_sysconfigdata'

ERROR: Task (/design/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-extended/m4projects/m4projects-stm32mp1.bb:do_packagedata) failed with exit code '1'

Summary says:

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2281 tasks of which 25 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

It seems that there is something wrong in m4projects-stm32mp1.bb recipe

MKaas.1
Associate III

I executed

bitbake core-image-minimal

again. Now it crashed while building recipes-kernel/kmod/kmod_git.bb basically with same error messages and same task - do_packagedata

While repeating command again crash took place in the same recipe and same task.

MKaas.1
Associate III

I executed

bitbake core-image-minimal -k

to get possibly more failing recipes. I got five of them:

1.  /design/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-kernel/kmod/kmod_git.bb:do_packagedata
  2.  /design/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-extended/m4projects/m4projects-stm32mp1.bb:do_packagedata
  3.  /design/layers/meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-bsp/u-boot/u-boot-stm32mp_2020.10.bb:do_packagedata
  4.  /design/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-graphics/drm/libdrm_2.4.101.bb:do_packagedata
  5.  /design/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/libxml/libxml2_2.9.10.bb:do_packagedata

They basically all are having similar error as my above messages state:

"Can NOT get PRAUTO, exception"

This is coming from openembedded-core/meta/classes/package.bbclass/line 650 of package_get_auto_pr() function.

It seems that there is a problem in PRserver. However, PRserver is reported starting in the beginning:

NOTE: Started PRServer with DBfile: /design/build/cache/prserv.sqlite3, IP: 127.0.0.1, PORT: 41335, PID: 304

What else should I configure?

MKaas.1
Associate III

I executed

bitbake-prserv-tool export 

which worked fine producing 445 lines. None of them included the failing recipe names. So, maybe, there is something wrong in the recipes/incompatible with this set-up.

MKaas.1
Associate III

I commented out

PRSERV_HOST = "localhost:0"

From conf/local.conf file. After that building these failing recipes did not crash anymore. So, this is kind of fix, but very uggly fix as there are much more working recipes than these failing ones. I would prefer using this PRserver so that I needed not always incrementing PR when having minor fixes in sources. Do anyone know, what might be missing in these failing recipes so that I could insert them in bbapped files?