cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When the data of IEEE802.15.4 is transmitted by STM32WB55, ACK is returned from the communication partner, but STM32WB55 does not recognize ACK.

MNitt.1
Associate II

Hello

We are currently using sample Mac_802_15_4_FFD to verify IEEE 802.15.4 transmission on the STM32WB55 Nucleo Pack board. The protocol stack is stm32wb5x_Mac_802_15_4_fw.bin V1.90.

I have sent data (MAC_MCPSDataReq) that requires ACK (ack_Tx = 0x01) from STM32WB55 to Dongle (manufactured by another company), but the status of APP_MAC_mcpsDataCnfCb () is 0xE9.

When I monitor the packet using a sniffer, Dongle returns an ACK, but the STM32WB55 retransmits 3 packets. Why doesn't STM32WB55 recognize ACK? In addition, Dongle has received the transmitted packet without any problem.

The communication distance is about 50 cm. The procedure for initializing the Protocol Stack is the same as the sample code, and the PAN ID is set to 1. In addition, Dst Address specifies the MAC address of Dongle.

If you do the same for another company's MCU (protocol stack) in the same environment, the ACK will be recognized properly and the packet will not be retransmitted.

Originally, the PAN ID communicates with 0xFFFF, but since it does not recognize ACK in the same way, I set the PAN ID to 0x0001, but the result did not change. There is no problem with other companies' MCUs using 0xFFFF for the PAN ID.

0 REPLIES 0