cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 FUS and BLE stack.

PMana.1
Associate II

Hello, I am working on STM32WB55cg project. the current fus version is v1.2.0.0. For this version of fus I have to update ble stack full version with starting address 0x080C7000 which is the 199 th sector of flash. I have done this. I tried to upload the ble_ota_reference.hex file from the stm32cube firmware package version v1.13.1 and the Bluetooth is advertising. But when I connect Bluetooth from the st ble sensor app it is cutting out. To get the advertisement again I have to reset the board. Because of this, I am not able to perform ble over the air update.

In addition, I have user application where the 199 th sector is used. so it is not desirable for me to use the latest version of ble. I would like to make the fus version 1.1.0 so that I can update the ble stack with version v1.8.0 and it's starting address is 0x080CB000 and this is a sector 203. So, how to make it FUS version 1.1.0. I tried it from stm32cubeprogrammer. Since my fus version is latest and 1.2.0 I am not able to do it. It says I am trying and older version and cant go formwar. Please hel me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

FUS downgrade is not possible for any combination of versions. Only a later version can be installed.

In the case of a downgrade tentative, FUS simply rejects the upgrade and returns an error message.

To resolve your problem, maybe you can use a smaller stack depending of the features you need, for example you can use stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_light_fw.bin (Start address 0x080D7000) or

stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_basic_fw.bin (Start address 0x080D1000) available in release v1.13.1.

Best Regards