cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32wb15 is not advertising

YGail.2
Associate III

I'm starting with the wb15. For this I followed the video series and currently I'm stuck at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDMBeJpib0&list=PLnMKNibPkDnG9JRe2fbOOpVpWY7E4WbJ-&index=15

Even following every step in the cube setting I'm not getting any advertising from the board. I turned on the debug to monitor the logs of the m4 core but nothing appears.

In comparison I took the Heart Beat example project, applied the same steps in the ioc-file and managed to fullfill this tutorial and get log from the debug. For learning purposes however I want to do this from sketch.

It seems that appart from the cube settings to generate the code, the app which launch the BLE needs some commands in the C/C++ files. This however is not mentioned in this tutorial series.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

To fit with the RAM size for the GATT database, the following parameters must be modified according to these values:

• CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE = 1290
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES = 30
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES = 4

The default values in STM32CubeMX interface are the same for WB15 and WB55, that's why this issue appears. The default value will be updated in the next version of STM32CubeMX tool.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Javier1
Principal

A lot of people is having issues with outdated radio-core binary.

Does your board work with other already made examples? Did it work at some point in the past?

Bertha
Associate III

Same issue here, following those tutorials are not enough, no advertising. Can someone point some repo or advice for simple 1 gatt service communication working with lastest library on a STM32WB15 nucleo with a phone except the Heart Beat example project ?

Thanks

It is true, the tutorials and the code generator have some bugs. When sticking to them I always result in a real time clock error handler. Since there is somewhere an error in the clocking, which I cannot figure out, the clock manager cannot fix by himself. @[Bertha]​ take a working example project and start a new project from the ioc file. It is a nightmare to find the working clock configuration... Hope be fixed in further release. @[Javier]​ maybe you know to submit bugs?​

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Which version of STM32CubeMX are you using? Can you check the value of the following parameters?

You can find some examples running on NUCLEO WB15CC board like BLE_HeartRate or BLE_p2pServer in STM32CubeWB package.

Best Regards

YGail.2
Associate III

Newest, updated everything in case of missing patch.

CubeMX generate by default

#define CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE   (1344)

#define CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES 68

#define CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES  8

My error code is SHCI_MEMORY_CAPACITY_EXCEEDED_ERR_CODE how can I exceed the memory by default? Is this a bug?

Hello,

To fit with the RAM size for the GATT database, the following parameters must be modified according to these values:

The default values in STM32CubeMX interface are the same for WB15 and WB55, that's why this issue appears. The default value will be updated in the next version of STM32CubeMX tool.

Best Regards

Thx that is really helpful!